The audio book for Men Don’t Heal, We Ho – A Book About The Emotional Instability of Men is the ULTIMATE Gift for both Men & Women that keeps on giving and giving! Available now on iTunes!
I received three emails from three different women from three different places around the country on one day last week. All of the emails were concerning the same relationship topic: “Dear Mr. RelationshipBeast, can I be celibate and still be in a relationship?” I have been avoiding this celibacy question for a couple of years now because I don’t want to be the cause of a person going to hell. All Christians know that we are supposed to wait until we are married before having sex. Having said that, as a world renowned Author and Relationship Expert (LOL!) I find it necessary to keep it real at all times. All times. This is one of those times. When keeping it real, discussion points have to be placed in perspective. The perspective required here is that of the Average Single Sexually Active Man. Let’s call him ASSAM. Wait, that’s stupid, we will just go with Sam. The question at hand is, Will Sam give up having sex for you? After careful assessment of the data collection from my previous field research, I have decided that this topic is much more complicated than it initially seems. You know what? Let’s just talk directly to Sam!
Mr. RelationshipBeast: Sam if you are in a relationship with a woman does she have to have sex with you in order for you to remain faithful and stay in the relationship?”
Sam: Mr. RelationshipBeast why would I wait and sacrifice sex when I can just get it somewhere else?
Mr. RelationshipBeast: You are right, you can get sex anywhere, but don’t you want more than that out of your woman? Out of your relationship?
Sam: Yeah, I want more, I want those things when I get married but not when I first meet a woman. When I first meet a woman I am thinking about one thing and one thing only.
Mr. RelationshipBeast: But through the processing of that line of thinking you will undoubtedly miss out on some good women.
Sam: True, I am going to miss out on some good women, but those women aren’t any better than these freaks that I have been meeting! All the good women are not celibate. Many good women like sex just as much as I do. Which circles me back to the original question, why would I wait and sacrifice sex when I can just get it somewhere else?
While talking with Sam I started to think maybe we are asking Sam the wrong question.
Mr. RelationshipBeast: Sam, you are not waiting or sacrificing sex, you are waiting on that specific woman. Because she is Phenomenal Woman. Because that woman who is saving herself for you is special. She is unique. She is principled. She is obviously God fearing. She will be able to pray for you when you are down. SHE IS GOING TO BE SUBMISSIVE!!!
Sam: How do I know that she is going to be all that?
Mr. RelationshipBeast: You have to stay longer and find out.
Sam: No! She has to show me more upfront. If I am going to sacrifice, then I need to know right upfront what I am sacrificing for. I know that you are the RelationshipBeast, but if I meet a woman that has not been through your training class there is no way of me knowing if she is worthy of me making that sacrifice.
And now we arrive at the problem identification.
Celibate sister, you are not going to like what I have to say right now but it is the truth. If you want Sam, then you are going to have to “Show Sam Your Woman.” Freaks are visible to Sam on a daily basis so he will recognize you IF YOU STAND OUT. If you “Show Him Your Woman.”
Celibate sister you are going to have to step your game up. That man takes you out and spends money on you then you need to be ready to cook him a meal. Not a snack, not dinner, you need to be able to cook him something that is going to make him sit on the couch and rub his belly in a clockwise circular motion. If you want a man, you have to show him your woman. If he is showing you interest then you cannot wait for him to earn the opportunity to gain more knowledge about your woman. It doesn’t have to be a candle light dinner. It can be a get together with friends and your place. He gets to see how you live, how you decorate, how clean you are, how you can add value to his life. Celibate sister, WOMAN, it is your responsibility to show the man what momma taught you. A man is not staying, not sacrificing and definitely not marrying a woman that has not shown him her wife skills. Celibacy is part of your own, personal, spiritual walk. No one can walk it with you.
Having said all that, if you are celibate you are not supposed to want to date Sam. Sam is average. You are better than that.
DISCLAIMER: I am not implying that a woman belongs in the kitchen and that a man does not cook. Man and woman can share household duties equally. Y’all get on my nerves with that.
Steven James Dixon
4. The changes I have made meant I had to shed more than just pounds, I had to shed people too...#kingdomminded #destiny #peace #equallyyoked #likeminded #sucessful #changed #iamnotthesame #dontjudgeabookbyitscover #faith #newfriends #christianhttps://www.instagram.com/p/BCnbJ8UA1ow/?tagged=equallyyoked
4 of 27
5. Everything is better when God is in the middle. Pray together stay together #allglorytogod #equallyyoked
5 of 27
6. 🙏📖❤️👫Willingly means that it's not forced. 💯Studying God's word together brings you closer together in Christ. #Oneness #patientlywaiting #datingadvice #divineheartcouples #Jesus #godlyrelationships #marriagegoals #Relationshipgoals #Proverbs31Woman #JesusChrist #realrelationshipgoals #Faith #courtship #christiancouples #BlessedCouples #hopefulromantic #DaughterofaKing #WomanOfGod #godlydating #kingdomminded #KeepGodfirst #prayerworks #powercouplesinChrist #loveoverlust #relationshipquotes #TrustGod #Relationshipgoal #seekYefirst #equallyyoked #GodAboveAll
6 of 27
7. Join us tonight for Bible Study at 7 p.m. There is some understanding we must have and some growing we must do together to properly grow the Kingdom of God!!! #partnership #corporate #corporaterelationship #equallyyoked #together #forever #understanding #relationships #Kingdom #King #JesusisLord #weareHispeople #build #grow #beaministry #fulllife
11. In God's timing, wait on the Lord. #EquallyYoked
11 of 27
12. #repost Woke up to a short video to watch of @mmoorejr speaking on being #equallyyoked and #soulties. If you haven't seen the video, DM me for the link! #single #married or #engaged ❤️💔💡You may not want to hear this, but before God can "yoke" you to the one you're supposed to be with...you have to break the soul tie with the one you're NOT supposed to be with!Download your copy of #BoazIsDead NOW, the chapter on soul ties alone is worth the read. #LinkInBio #TagAFriend #DoubletapIfYouAgree
12 of 27
13. I am not looking because I know the guy that God's got for me is on his way and this is a season for Growing as a person . #equallyyoked
13 of 27
14. Gotta love a praying man #manofgod #realmengetontheirknees #equallyyoked #soulteacher #blessedbeyondmeasure #twinflames
20. Goes both ways!! #king #queen #equallyyoked #partnership
20 of 27
21. #RepostOur aim is conformity to Christ (becoming more like Him, by sanctification, through the Holy Spirit), not focusing on our desires. So if you consider me someone you want to be in a relationship(girls only) with, first consider your relationship with Christ first and not the other way around. #onlyifGodwills #equallyyoked #waitingforher #Histiming #FocusOnHim
23. Exactly! 👏 If I'm #Extraordinaire, I can't settle for ordinary. ✌ #Queen in waiting for her #King. #EquallyYoked (Does he know Jesus?) 👀 #HolyMatrimony 💜
23 of 27
24. #oh #how #Ilovethis #Yes #love a #strongwoman needs a #strongman #equallyyoked
24 of 27
25. I Love this! ・・・"I love this quote by Marc Hack, it speaks volumes. Yes, guard your heart, but also allow yourself to be vulnerable enough so that someone can get to know the true you. If they leave, then they were never meant to be a part of your destiny anyway." -#Repost @intentional_u with @repostapp#LoveTalk #LoveMeLikeChristLovedTheChurch #FlawsAndAll #dating #love #relationships #datingwithpurpose #inTENtionalU #teachinglove #relationships #love #wisdom #datingtips #oneday #ordainedbyGod #theone #realrecognizereal #worththewait #soulmatestuff #relationshipgoals #courtship #equallyyoked #reallove #deepthinker #deepfeeler #Godlydating #loversandfriends #Godlyrelationships #heartchronicles #hopefulromantic
25 of 27
26. I love this! I want a relationship that's full of purpose and seeks to please God!・・・"Allow your relationship to please God in a loving way. Your relationship can be an example of how God has desired us to love each other. Too often people teach a philosophy of loving self "only." That is a worldly and new age doctrine. The goal is to love self and others. Loving only self-only produces a selfish and un-Godly culture. Lay a foundation of love that inspires people to affect change through love." #Repost @quentinmccall with @repostapp#quentinmccall #love #teachinglove #romance#oneday #ordainedbyGod #theone #realrecognizereal #womanofGod #worththewait #soulmatestuff #DearMr #whenyouknowitsreal #relationshipgoals #courtship #equallyyoked #reallove #deepthinker #deepfeeler #Godlydating #love #loversandfriends #truelove #Godlyrelationships #heartchronicles #hopefulromantic #patientlywaiting #dating #waitonGod
26 of 27
27. I grew up with a praying mom // And I can honestly say that her prayer life and extraordinary life of faith kept our family together // Today, the importance of a praying woman is overlooked // We are more concerned about cosmetics, shapes, sizes and how successful her career is // But the truth is, all those things will collapse if there is no firm foundation // I cannot overemphasize the importance of being in a relationship with someone who knows how to pray and is spiritually solid // Someone who will not only build you, but also know what to do, and stand when the storms of life come blowing🙌🏽 // Whether it's casual dating, serious dating or marriage // Prayer conquers all🙏🏼 // #EquallyYoked #RelationshipGoals #Spirituality #PrayerChangesThings #Prov31Woman #MotivationMondays #thenapsta #christiancomedy #cleancomedy
27 of 27
Continue reading Celibacy In 2011: Does She Have To Give It Up?