The audio book for Men Don’t Heal, We Ho – A Book About The Emotional Instability of Men is the ULTIMATE Gift for both Men & Women that keeps on giving and giving! Available now on iTunes!
My wife and I were at dinner last week with some friends. A happily married couple. That married couple told us about two other married couples that we were friendly with that are getting divorces. That’s right two couples in our small circle of married couple friends are getting divorces. Then we remembered that another married couple was seperated. And oh yeah, another couple got a divorce just a year ago. Is my life going backwards? Not long ago, all my friends were single. Then the majority of my friends were married. Am I going to wake up one day and most of my friends are going to be single again? I tell you what: I won’t be single with them.
Unless your friend is getting abused, he or she needs to stay. I don’t care if someone is cheating . . . if they are willing to get help. I don’t care if someone is spending up all the moolah. Money can be made. If you can get them to agree to start having consultations with a financial planner, work it out. I don’t care if someone won’t go to church. You keep going to church, you keep praying for them. God will make a way. (And you married them like that! You done got spiritual and now they are the devil, huh?) I don’t care if your spouse won’t help around the house. Get at me, I will tell you how to get them to help out around the house. Oooooh the one I don’t care about the most is the “We have grown apart” one or the “We are not happy anymore” one and the “It’s just too hard!” one. And don’t forget the “We are not IN LOVE anymore” one. Yeah, we can lump all those together. All of those are excuses. I used them to get out of my first marriage.
Single Folk, when I am talking about Marriage or Divorce, I am talking to you too! You know how many marriages I am trying to save right now? With the divorce rate climbing every year I won’t have time to save your marriage so you need to be paying attention right now so you can save your self! If you are single, stop worrying about when you are getting married and start worrying about how to stay married.
Married folk know what married folk go through. Marriage is tough but it will make a man out of you. It will make a woman out of her. They say it takes a community to raise a child. The reason why it takes a community is because the kid’s family is not together. Our new community outreach program is to knock on a neighbor’s door and say, “I heard you guys arguing last night, is every thing OK? If you need someone to talk to, I am here.”
The next time a married friend walks up to you says, “I think that me and my spouse are heading toward a divorce,” your response should not be “Why?” or “What’s going on?” Your first response, your immediate response is “No, y’all are not getting a divorce. Y’all are going to work that thang out. Give more, take less, love harder! What are you doing over here? Get home and get to work!” Having a successful marriage is hard work but there is nothing in life worth working harder for.
Our married friends need our support. Our positive support and our KEEP IT REAL support. I have looked multiple brothers in the eye and said to them, “That woman is out of line because she got on binoculars searching for her leader. Men, if you can’t lead, are not ready to lead, or don’t have leadership skills, ya gotta raise your hand and let that sistah know. And you are going to have to get cho butt to the back of the line.”
I have hugged a gang of sisters and allowed them to cry on my shoulder until they have calmed down and then I have said to them, “I would have cheated on you, too. You are not handling your business in the bedroom. You need to step your game up. How are you going to let another woman get YOUR man sprung? That should be impossible.”
I will trade all my friendships in for my friends to have successful marriages. I don’t have one friendship that I value over my friend’s marriage. I don’t need no fake friends. That’s what co-workers are for. Be fake with them. If you think that your homeboy is wrong, you have to be man enough to tell him. If you think your sistah gurl is tripping, you need to let her know. I actually have a homegirl to this day that is still mad at me because I chose her marriage instead of choosing her side. She is the first person I am going to send this article to. Our friendship has not been the same since I told her that she was not trying hard enough in her marriage.
I am putting all my friends on notice. “All advice that I give to you will be to the benefit of saving your marriage. I chose your marriage over you and over me. If you don’t like it, it’s probably your fault that you are even facing your divorce to begin with. I am not judging you but I am minding your business. Yes I got my own business to mind. In fact, you should mind some of my business because my marriage is on point. You need to “Get Like Me.”
Steven James Dixon
4. The changes I have made meant I had to shed more than just pounds, I had to shed people too...#kingdomminded #destiny #peace #equallyyoked #likeminded #sucessful #changed #iamnotthesame #dontjudgeabookbyitscover #faith #newfriends #christianhttps://www.instagram.com/p/BCnbJ8UA1ow/?tagged=equallyyoked
4 of 27
5. Everything is better when God is in the middle. Pray together stay together #allglorytogod #equallyyoked
5 of 27
6. 🙏📖❤️👫Willingly means that it's not forced. 💯Studying God's word together brings you closer together in Christ. #Oneness #patientlywaiting #datingadvice #divineheartcouples #Jesus #godlyrelationships #marriagegoals #Relationshipgoals #Proverbs31Woman #JesusChrist #realrelationshipgoals #Faith #courtship #christiancouples #BlessedCouples #hopefulromantic #DaughterofaKing #WomanOfGod #godlydating #kingdomminded #KeepGodfirst #prayerworks #powercouplesinChrist #loveoverlust #relationshipquotes #TrustGod #Relationshipgoal #seekYefirst #equallyyoked #GodAboveAll
6 of 27
7. Join us tonight for Bible Study at 7 p.m. There is some understanding we must have and some growing we must do together to properly grow the Kingdom of God!!! #partnership #corporate #corporaterelationship #equallyyoked #together #forever #understanding #relationships #Kingdom #King #JesusisLord #weareHispeople #build #grow #beaministry #fulllife
11. In God's timing, wait on the Lord. #EquallyYoked
11 of 27
12. #repost Woke up to a short video to watch of @mmoorejr speaking on being #equallyyoked and #soulties. If you haven't seen the video, DM me for the link! #single #married or #engaged ❤️💔💡You may not want to hear this, but before God can "yoke" you to the one you're supposed to be with...you have to break the soul tie with the one you're NOT supposed to be with!Download your copy of #BoazIsDead NOW, the chapter on soul ties alone is worth the read. #LinkInBio #TagAFriend #DoubletapIfYouAgree
12 of 27
13. I am not looking because I know the guy that God's got for me is on his way and this is a season for Growing as a person . #equallyyoked
13 of 27
14. Gotta love a praying man #manofgod #realmengetontheirknees #equallyyoked #soulteacher #blessedbeyondmeasure #twinflames
20. Goes both ways!! #king #queen #equallyyoked #partnership
20 of 27
21. #RepostOur aim is conformity to Christ (becoming more like Him, by sanctification, through the Holy Spirit), not focusing on our desires. So if you consider me someone you want to be in a relationship(girls only) with, first consider your relationship with Christ first and not the other way around. #onlyifGodwills #equallyyoked #waitingforher #Histiming #FocusOnHim
23. Exactly! 👏 If I'm #Extraordinaire, I can't settle for ordinary. ✌ #Queen in waiting for her #King. #EquallyYoked (Does he know Jesus?) 👀 #HolyMatrimony 💜
23 of 27
24. #oh #how #Ilovethis #Yes #love a #strongwoman needs a #strongman #equallyyoked
24 of 27
25. I Love this! ・・・"I love this quote by Marc Hack, it speaks volumes. Yes, guard your heart, but also allow yourself to be vulnerable enough so that someone can get to know the true you. If they leave, then they were never meant to be a part of your destiny anyway." -#Repost @intentional_u with @repostapp#LoveTalk #LoveMeLikeChristLovedTheChurch #FlawsAndAll #dating #love #relationships #datingwithpurpose #inTENtionalU #teachinglove #relationships #love #wisdom #datingtips #oneday #ordainedbyGod #theone #realrecognizereal #worththewait #soulmatestuff #relationshipgoals #courtship #equallyyoked #reallove #deepthinker #deepfeeler #Godlydating #loversandfriends #Godlyrelationships #heartchronicles #hopefulromantic
25 of 27
26. I love this! I want a relationship that's full of purpose and seeks to please God!・・・"Allow your relationship to please God in a loving way. Your relationship can be an example of how God has desired us to love each other. Too often people teach a philosophy of loving self "only." That is a worldly and new age doctrine. The goal is to love self and others. Loving only self-only produces a selfish and un-Godly culture. Lay a foundation of love that inspires people to affect change through love." #Repost @quentinmccall with @repostapp#quentinmccall #love #teachinglove #romance#oneday #ordainedbyGod #theone #realrecognizereal #womanofGod #worththewait #soulmatestuff #DearMr #whenyouknowitsreal #relationshipgoals #courtship #equallyyoked #reallove #deepthinker #deepfeeler #Godlydating #love #loversandfriends #truelove #Godlyrelationships #heartchronicles #hopefulromantic #patientlywaiting #dating #waitonGod
26 of 27
27. I grew up with a praying mom // And I can honestly say that her prayer life and extraordinary life of faith kept our family together // Today, the importance of a praying woman is overlooked // We are more concerned about cosmetics, shapes, sizes and how successful her career is // But the truth is, all those things will collapse if there is no firm foundation // I cannot overemphasize the importance of being in a relationship with someone who knows how to pray and is spiritually solid // Someone who will not only build you, but also know what to do, and stand when the storms of life come blowing🙌🏽 // Whether it's casual dating, serious dating or marriage // Prayer conquers all🙏🏼 // #EquallyYoked #RelationshipGoals #Spirituality #PrayerChangesThings #Prov31Woman #MotivationMondays #thenapsta #christiancomedy #cleancomedy
27 of 27
Continue reading Saving Marriages – What Friends can do to help