A new spokesperson for the Queen of Soul issued a statement on her behalf today about her being released from the hospital.
Only thing is … no one knew she was ever admitted.
Tracey Jordan, who has worked with Motown Records and other old-school music projects for years, alerted the media this morning the Aretha Franklin was released from Detroit’s Sinai Grace Hospital on Oct. 30 “following a brief stay.”
The Grammy Award-winning icon was allegedly admitted to the hospital at the recommendation of her doctors.
“Franklin is resting comfortably at home, but is anxious to get back on the road to perform for her countless fans around the world,” Jordan said.
“I would like to thank my friends, fans and supporters for all the beautiful flowers and their many well wishes.”
When probed for more information, Jordan said she had no further information.In September, the 68-year-old diva made national headlines when her 52-year-old son, Eddie Franklin, purportedly was attacked at a Detroit area gas station. When details of the incident became sketchy to local media outlets, the ‘Respect’ singer blasted Detroit police.
Franklin claimed the cops “gave the media the impression that [her] son was not being cooperative.” Police said they failed to take a statement from him in the hospital.
“After observing my son on Tuesday, it was clear that he was unable to communicate with anyone after such a traumatic attack and with his jaw wired,” Franklin told the Detroit News newspaper. “The officer probably would not have been able to give a statement if he had been attacked by three men the very next day, either, and it was totally unreasonable to expect Eddie to do so as if he were not being cooperative.
Karu F. Daniels