CoCo Brother Live Bridging History with HIS Story Bible Giveaway
OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES
CoCo Brother Live Bridging History with HIS Story (“Contest”) will begin on Monday, February 1, 2010 and end on Friday, February 26, 2010 (“Contest Period”) unless otherwise terminated earlier or extended at the sole discretion of Sponsor (as defined below). One (1) daily winner will be awarded either a “My Holy Bible for African-American Children” or an “Our Heritage and Faith Holy Bible for African American Teens” (“Giveaway”).
HOW TO ENTER:
Listeners of CoCo Brother Live Show (also “CCBL”) on affiliate stations including, but not limited to KROI-FM, WPZE-FM, WPPZ-FM, WPRS-FM, WWIN-AM, WPZS-FM, KRJY-AM, WDBZ-AM, WJMO-AM, WJYD-FM, WTLC-AM, WNNL-FM, WPZZ-FM, WJNI-FM, WSSJ-FM (the “Participating Stations”) who are legal residents of the U.S. at the time of entry will be able to take part in this Contest. Children under the age of twelve years (12) must seek their parent’s permission. To participate in the Contest, listeners must do the following:
1. Listen to CoCo Brother Live, weekday evenings (Monday through Friday), beginning February 1, 2010 around 9:05pm Eastern Time for the show host to announce the “Scripture of the day”.
2. Caller #10 will be solicited to dial 1-877-345-7747/SPIRIT to correctly recite that day’s scripture verse text. If caller #10 correctly recites the scripture text, they will be awarded either a “My Holy Bible for African- American Children or an “Our Heritage and Faith Holy Bible for African American Teens. WARNING: Online listeners to streamed broadcasts may experience a lag in transmissions due to buffering limitations. Contest participants should not rely on streamed broadcasts to participate in the Contest.
3. If caller #10 does not correctly recite the day’s scripture text, the next caller in the “cue” will be selected for a chance to recite the correct text. Once a caller provides the correct answer he or she will be deemed the daily winner.
4. Only one (1) prize will be awarded each weekday during the Contest Period.
1. The Contest will be conducted in real time on the participating stations broadcasting CoCo Brother Live and is open to listeners of CCBL who are legal residents of the U.S.
2. Employees of CoCo Brother Live, the Participating Stations, Syndication One, Radio One, Inc., REACH Media Inc, Zondervan Publishing, Liquid Soul Media (collectively, “Sponsor”), Dial Global Communications, and each of their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliated companies, promotion partners, sponsors and advertising and promotional agencies (together with
Sponsor, collectively, “Contest Entities”) and their immediate family members (spouse, parent, child, sibling and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside) and those living in their same households (whether or not related) are NOT eligible to participate or win in this Contest.
3. Once an individual wins a prize in this Contest, they are not eligible to win another prize in this Contest except as specified within these rules.
4. Persons who have won a prize in another contest or promotion of any kind from CCBL within the thirty-day (30) period immediately preceding the start date of this Contest are not eligible to participate.
5. Should that day’s designated “Scripture of the Day” air only partially because of technical or equipment failures, it will not be considered a play for purposes of the Contest.
6. The Sponsor at its sole discretion will choose whether or not to air the winning notification call or publish the name of the day’s Winner. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for any computer, telephone, cable, network, electronic or internet hardware or software malfunctions, failures, connections, availability, traffic congestion, unauthorized human intervention, or any error or malfunction.
1. Each on-air winner will be awarded one of the following: a. One (1) My Holy Bible for African-American Children. Estimated value: $24.99 per
OR b. One (1) “Our Heritage and Faith Holy Bible for African-American Teens. Estimated
value: $27.99 per book.
A total of twenty (20) Bibles will be available for prize giveaways with each winner having a choice of King James Version, NIV, male or female versions from among the above-listed titles.
2. No substitution of prize is offered, no transfer of prize to a third party is permitted and non-cash prizes may not be redeemed for cash value, except as determined by station management and/or the sponsor in its sole discretion.
3. All contest winners must sign and date official release and waiver forms as requested. Failure to do so will result in winner forfeiting the prize. If a contest winner is under the age of eighteen (18), the release forms must be signed by the winner’s parent or legal guardian.
4. If for any reason a contest winner decides not to accept an awarded prize, the winner will be required to sign a release form acknowledging that they are forfeiting the prize. It will be at the discretion of the contest sponsor and / or contest administrator if another contestant is to be selected as the winner if time permits.
5. Sponsor and its affiliates, agents and subsidiaries will have no responsibility or liability for damages, losses or injury of any kind resulting from in connection with acceptance, possession, or use of any prize.
1. During the Contest Period, eligible listeners will be encouraged to participate in the Contest by Listening to CoCo Brother Live weekdays (Monday through Friday) beginning February 1, 2010 around 9:05pm Eastern Time for the show host to announce the “Scripture of the day”.
2. Caller #10 will be solicited to dial 1-877-345-7747/SPIRIT to correctly recite that day’s scripture text. If caller #10 correctly recites the scripture text, they will be awarded either a “My Holy Bible for African- American Children or an “Our Heritage and Faith Holy Bible for African American Teens.
3. If caller #10 does not correctly recite the day’s scripture text, the next caller in the “cue” will be selected for a chance to recite the correct text. Once a caller provides the correct answer, he or she will be deemed the daily winner.
4. At the time of the call, winners will be asked to provide their preference of a King James Version, NIV, male, or female version of one of the available Bible titles.
5. Winners will be required to provide a mailing address as prizes will be mailed directly to the winner’s home from Zondervan Publishing within four to six weeks from the winning date.
6. Decisions of the Sponsor with respect to any aspect of the Contest are final.
1. Winners are responsible for all applicable taxes associated with the receipt of the prize (prizes are not transferable and may not be exchanged).
2. Any person winning over $600.00 in prizes will receive an IRS form 1099 at the end of the calendar year for tax purposes and a copy of such form will be filed with the IRS as required by law.
3. No purchase necessary. Contest is void where prohibited. Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations.
4. Odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible contestants participating during the Contest Period.
5. By participating in the Contest, the winner or winners agree to have their name, voice, or likeness used in any advertising or broadcasting material relating to this contest, in any media now known or hereafter devised for advertising or promotional purposes without additional compensation, and must sign a publicity release prior to acceptance of the prize. By entering this contest, each participant agrees to comply with the Official Rules and the decisions of the contest sponsor which shall be final and binding in all aspects relating to the Contest.
6. All contest winners will be required to sign a liability release prior to acceptance of any prize. Pursuant to the liability release, the winner or winners will agree to hold CoCo Brother Live, the Participating Stations, Sponsor, Dial Global Communications, any other contest parties and each of their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, agencies, officers, shareholders, directors,
employees, agents and representatives of each of the foregoing, harmless against any and all claims or liability, directly or indirectly related to or arising from or in connection with contest participation or the acceptance, possession or use / misuse of awarded prize or any portion thereof, or participation in prize-related activities, including but not limited to any related travel.
7. Sponsor retains the right to disqualify any contestant if all Contest rules are not followed, Contest void if prohibited by law.
8. So long as no participant is materially adversely affected, Sponsor reserves the right to make changes in the rules of the Contest in its sole discretion at any time without notice, which will become effective upon being announced on the air. In the event any winner is found to be in violation of these Official Rules or is otherwise determined by Sponsor, in its sole discretion to be ineligible, he/she will be required to forfeit prize or to reimburse the Sponsor for the stated value of a prize if such a violation is found after the prize has been used by Winner.
9. CoCo Brother Live, the participating stations, Sponsor, Dial Global Communications, participating sponsors and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates or their representatives, agents and employees are not responsible for the inability of any contestant to complete or continue a telephone call, facsimile transmission or internet registration due to equipment malfunction, busy lines, inadvertent disconnections, communication failures or human error that may occur in the transmission, receipt or processing of entries. In addition, CoCo Brother Live, the participating stations, Sponsor, Dial Global Communications, participating sponsors and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates or their representatives, agents and employees are not responsible for lost, misdirected, mutilated, illegible or incomplete contest entries. Once submitted, entries become the property of the station and will not be returned.
10. By accepting the prize, the winner acknowledges that CoCo Brother Live, the participating stations Sponsor, and Dial Global Communications have neither made, nor are in any manner responsible or liable for, any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to the prize or to any portion thereof, including but not limited to its quality, mechanical condition or fitness for a particular purpose.
11. CoCo Brother Live, the participating stations, Sponsor, Dial Global Communications, their respective subsidiaries, its affiliates, participating sponsors and promotional partners will not assume any responsibility for any changes in the execution of the contest, including; cancellation of the contest as a result of the occurrence of events not within the control of CoCo Brother Live, the participating stations, Sponsor, Dial Global Communications, their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, participating sponsors, promotional partners and other radio stations, such as acts of God, strikes, terrorists acts or criminal acts of third parties. In the event, such an act should occur; reasonable attempts will be made to offer the winner comparable prize(s) currently being offered by the station in lieu of the prize originally awarded.
12. CoCo Brother Live, the participating stations, Sponsor, and Dial Global Communications are not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate entry information, whether caused by any of the equipment associated with or utilized in the Contest, and assume no responsibility for error omission, interruption, defect, failure, malfunction or delay in operation or transmission, or for any damage to participants phone, cell phone, mobile device, computer, hardware, software, or any other device, or for theft or destruction, tampering or unauthorized access to entry information, or for entries which are misdirected, inaccurate, incomplete or, inaudible,
disconnected or any combination thereof) or for preemption or cancellation of the radio program, or for technical, network, typographical, human or other errors or problems relating to or in connection with the Contest, including, without limitation, errors or problems which may occur in the connection with the administration of the Contest, the announcement of prizes of in any Contest-related materials. If for any reason the Contest is not capable of running as planned by reason of tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which, in the sole opinion of Sponsor, corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Contest, Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the Contest (or any portion thereof). Any attempt to defraud Sponsor in any way will result in de-qualification of participant, and such participant will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. IN NO EVENT WILL SPONSORS AND/OR CONTEST ENTITIES BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUR OF ANY ENTRANT’S PARTICIPATION IN THE CONTEST.
13. For a copy of these Official Rules, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to Syndication One at: “CoCo Brother Live Bridging History with HIS Story”, c/o Contest Rules, 13760 Noel Road, Suite 750, Dallas, TX 75240. For a winners list, send a self-addressed envelope to Sponsor at “CoCo Brother Live Bridging History with HIS Story” c/o Winner’s List, 13760 Noel Road, Dallas, TX 75240.